Most of us probably already know to avoid obviously sugar sweetened products, but did you know that because of our health concerns, manufacturers are now covering up the addictive sugar ingredients with misleading names.
For example, brown sugars, corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, high-fructose corn syrup, honey, molasses, sucrose and turbinado are all just another name for sugar.
• Brown sugar is actually white which has added molasses to it. It’s generally found any many baked goods such as chocolate chip cookies.
• Corn Syrup is made from corn starch and is found in practically everything from salad dressing to your child’s favorite breakfast cereal.
• Dextrose is less of a concern, but can still be a problem if it’s abused. It naturally occurs in the form of glucose, which is found in many fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Fructose is often found in the juice of many fruits and vegetables, but it is also used in crystalline form as a sweetener.
• High-Fructose Corn Syrup is a highly processed syrup made from corn starch and fructose. It’s found in many processed foods, imitation juices and sodas.
• Honey is a natural sweetener that contains fructose and glucose. It’s often used as a replacement for many so called healthy foods.
• Molasses is a dark syrup that is made by a process of boiling sugars. It’s found in many baked goods and is often used as a sweet topping for pancakes.
• Sucrose is made from cane sugars and is often found is sweetened drinks such as kids juice drinks and some sodas.
• Turbinado is made by spinning cane sugars in a turbine, which then creates large brown crystals. It’s often sold as an organic in raw form.
Unfortunately the above are only a few hidden names for sugar and odds are almost every processed food you see on the grocer’s shelves will contain some form of sugar sweetener. Manufacturers want you to buy, buy, buy and the only way to assure that you do is by making our taste buds happy.
And while the odds may seem stacked against us, they’re really not. We just need to take the necessary actions towards better nutrition by eating whole foods rather than processed foods.
We should also eliminate soda, cocktail juices and other pre-sweetened drinks. And to help our bodies get back on track again, we need to make sure that our vitamins are not made of sugars as well.
Instead, look for one that is all natural like Sea Aloe. SeaAloe doesn’t contain any form of sugar, just 100% wholesome goodness. I don’t know of any vitamin that can beat that. (SeaAloe is the original Seasilver formula.)